Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
The apprenticeship program is a professional development opportunity for emerging artists who have work experience in a glass blowing studio. Our program helps artists prepare the apprentice as a glass artists and entrepreneur. This program trains individuals in studio operations, retail operations, equipment, working process, and glass blowing.
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week
* Daily Studio Setup to include maintaining a clean work area, setting up the shop for production, and cleaning the shop area at the beginning and end of each day
* Maintaining the shop area, cold shop, pipes, tools, and molds
* Learning to charge the furnace and providing basic equipment care
* Provide the necessary cold work for pieces created by students.
* Maintain a safe work environment following all protocol and safety standards
* Meet and maintain a high level of respect for customers and co-workers while representing the company during the working day
* Conduct training classes for beginners and intermediate glass enthusiast.
* All other assigned duties
The apprentice will work up to 20 hours/week as hot shop assistants and class instructor. The apprentice will have a minimum of 8 hours/week to focus on making their own work after hours.
Compensation: $ To Be Discussed
The apprentice will receive:
* 70% of the sale for their work that is sold in the Woodhaven Glass retail store.
* 100% of the sale of their work that is sold at off-site glass shows.
* 70% of class fees they teach.
Studio Time: a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Website and SEO managed by Nigel Solutions Group
Copyright © 2023 Woodhaven Glass, Rights Reserved